This article originally appeared in The Sun
A girlfriend has recalled the horrifying moment she broke her model boyfriend’s penis during sex.
Megan Barker, 23, and partner Adam Francis, 24, were enjoying a steamy session in the bedroom when a harrowing “rip” sound interrupted their antics.
She told how the bedroom “looked like a crime scene” as there was “blood everywhere” — and traumatised Adam still suffers flashbacks now.
Megan explained: “He’s since made a full recovery, but I don’t think he’ll forget the experience in a hurry.
“We’re now back to business in the bedroom — we’ve had a lot of time to make up over the past six months!”
The couple met through friends in 2013 and were instantly smitten with each other.
Megan recalled: “Adam’s a model and absolutely gorgeous, so when he’d asked me out for a drink I didn’t hesitate to say yes.
“It wasn’t long before we were an item, and we had an extremely healthy sex life.
“Even two years on, we still couldn’t keep our hands off each other.”
In February 2015, the couple were enjoying a night of passion when disaster struck.
Megan explained: “Adam suddenly manoeuvred himself behind me and I arched my back — and suddenly heard this awful rip.
“Shocked, I turned to look at Adam, who had let out a gut-wrenching howl. He’d gone white and jumped out of bed clutching his groin.
“Then we realised there was blood gushing from his penis.”
Adam fled to the bathroom as the realisation dawned on Megan — she’d broken her man’s penis.
As he gulped a glass of water, Megan told how Adam’s legs suddenly gave way from under him and he collapsed on to the floor, hitting his head on the sink on the way.
“I was hysterical,” she said. “I knelt down beside him and cradled his head on my lap.
“I wasn’t remotely prepared to deal with a situation like this and called my best friend Tom.
“I told him I’d broken Adam’s willy and he told me not to worry, as it had happened to a mate of his.
“Though he told me to call the paramedics and get him checked out.
“Terrified, I called emergency and surveyed the bloodbath around me in disbelief.
“The place looked like a crime scene. Adam was lying naked on the floor and there was blood everywhere, including on my hands.”
Too embarrassed to reveal what exactly had happened, Adam told the paramedics that he’d run into the bathroom door.
Megan said: “He was too mortified to tell the truth and I felt terrible for him. I didn’t want to make a bad situation worse.
“The paramedics checked him for concussion and thankfully gave him the all-clear.”
The pair then researched Adam’s injury online — and discovered he wasn’t the first man to break his manhood.
The next three months were absolute agony for poor Adam. For two whole weeks he could barely walk.
Around a month later they visited their local sexual health clinic to make sure everything was looking as it should.
Megan told how the doctor warned if the penis wasn’t healing after a fracture, they usually have to go in and operate.
Thankfully, Adam’s was doing just fine and he’s since made a full recovery.
He explained: “It is the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life, there’s no doubt about that.
“It is indescribable. To add to that, I am not very good with blood so that was what sent me over the edge. I was completely freaking out.
“I remember waking up in Megan’s arms and thinking I was in the lounge. I was so disoriented.
“It was total carnage and of course I was completely naked on the floor.
“I was told to keep it clean and to try not to move it for as long as possible.
“It wasn’t easy and the first fortnight was practically unbearable as I struggled to walk.
“It was impossible to get comfy. It wasn’t an easy few months and I still suffer flashbacks!
“Megan feels awful about what happened but these things happen in the throes of passion … Apparently.
“I am just glad that I have the use of my willy back, although we stay away from a certain position!
“I have no plans to let it happen to me again.”
According to osteopath Stephen Makinde, the number of sex-related injuries is rocketing — and he reckons more and more couples having “adventurous” sex is to blame.